Monday, February 1, 2010

Victory!!

For the first time in a few years, we signed Erik up for Jr. Jazz. We haven't had the best experiences with group sports and Erik, so we have shyed away for a while. But this year, he asked and asked to play basketball.

It's hard to say, "no." Basketball is a social sport. Kids are always playing in front yards, at church, and on teams. I mean, even I know how to play rudimentary basketball!

So we signed him up on a "recreation" league, you know, instead of the competitive league. What's up with that? I mean, these kids are in elementary school, for crying out loud! "Competitive" league, give me a break!!

Anyway....
So Erik has been going through the whole thing- practices, frustration ("I'm the worst one on the team!!"), games. Some has been good, some has been bad. But we've seen progress every week. He's improved his skills, he is more willing to go in and he even gets involved in the game. Unfortunately, the team has an awful record! The closest they came to victory was a tied game....until last Saturday!!!! They won!! They even buried the other team!! WOOHOO!!!

All in all, it was a better experience than indoor soccer. Hopefully we'll see Erik in some more sports in the future!

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Erik. Big news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved Jr Jazz! Such a great program, and I am so happy to hear that Erik is enjoying it. Savi love it too!

    ReplyDelete