Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I know. I KNOW!!! I am stinkin' it up with the whole family-blog-thingy. But after working like a dog wrapping caramel, bagging malt balls and dipping apples and pretzel sticks until the wee hours of the morning, I am ready to blog anew!

I am currently thinking up some ways to make money, moolah, greenbacks, schamolions this summer. One idea would require some start up money (anyone feeling generous?) The other, a lot of driving around the valley. Both would require childcare of some sort (ugh) and some serious time commitments on my part.

On the homefront, my laptop has been resurrected from the dead by Niels, master of all things I.T. Thank you, Niels! And I'm trying to get caught up on basic household stuff and organize some little home projects. I'm recruiting our fave babysitter, Miriam, pretty much against her will, to help me. It's okay though, it'll help her build character! Isn't that what our parents would tell us when they had some huge home project utilizing their free labor force, AKA their kids?

Mike has a secured two more classes for this term, so he is now teaching 4 classes at UVU. We're happy for experience he'll gain as a professor (he hates being called that, by the way) but we are still hoping for a permanent solution on the job front. It would help if folks would pay a decent wage here in Cheapskate Land.

Time to fold some laundry, vacuum a bit, take down the tree....

3 comments:

  1. Yay for more classes, Mr Professor, sir! And what in the world would require driving all over? That little venture we discussed back when I was not your long LOST friend?!? I know you'll figure something out that will be awesome! You've got the most creative ideas, and you're persistant!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that he's teaching...and so glad he was able to pick up a couple of classes!! And it sounds like you're WAY more ambitious than me. You go, girl! Hope things turn out well.

    Also, I just took down my tree yesterday. You're not the last one!

    ReplyDelete